(eighteen 4-string choirs)
Iran, 19th century
Wood, metal, bone
1930, transferred from the Museum
of the Leningrad State Conservatory
Stock number: 16516/254
The tuning pegs and the balance pins are mounted on the side faces of the pin block and the tailpiece (right and left side bars). A round hole with a diameter of 19.5 mm is cut in the middle of the lower side bar. The upper side bar is inlayed with 5 walnut cross-plates sunk into a paste of metal grit and sawdust; bands made up of pieces of bone and ebony are inlayed along the side bar edges.